The life and times of Ms Uma Moses Annabelle Kucera, gracing this planet since 2-2-2006.

March 15, 2006

I've decided that I could write a whole book on Uma's cheeks.
A chapter could be written on their squishy yumminess,
another on their warmth, another on their kissability.
My friend Marv made a comment that all of the world's negativity
could be swallowed in the black hole of her dimple.
Love that idea.
What if it were true?
Her superhero quality was that ability?
Uma "the super-dimple" Kucera...
She has the ability to swallow all darkness
and poopiness in one swift smile-
the villains all tremble when they see her crack a toothless grin,
knowing that they might be sucked
into the vacuum of her mass dimpledom.
Life has been sweet these last few weeks.
I'm starting to see how the time flies by-
everyone says how quick it goes when they're babies.
I've been watching her eyelashes grow daily
(on my favorite show- UmaTV)
but then just today I realized her belly-button had turned into an innie without my noticing...
My only touchstone of time passing is
Tuesday- Tidee Diapee pick-up day.
Silly but true.
Otherwise, it's just a stream of days filled with
breastfeeding and long walks.
I have seemed to have finally lived up to my potential-
I am now embodying the essence of the holy cow.
I am Mother- hear me moo!!
Sometimes I just feel like I'm a walking boob.
Not a bad full-time job, in fact I could imagine
being a wetnurse in times past....
If it was a paying job these days I would definitely consider it.
I'm on Uma-time.
Our days are a rhythm of feeding and pooping, and on days when we are trying to coordinate with the Portland weather- it can be hilarious. There are numerous possible combinations here but an average day could go like this..
wake up, (BIG SUN) boob, change, hiccups,
boob, sleep, wake, change, boob, sleep-
then comes my opportunity to step outside to take a walk
or run an errand
and it's pouring RAIN....
So she'll sleep and I'll read or something
and then the BIG SUN will come out
and I'll get all antsy to go out
but I know that she'll wake in a bit and want the boob...
So we chill and then she wakes and gets the boob- perhaps a change or the hiccups and then I think we're ready to rock and roll
and the pouring rain comes once again.
Repeat repeat repeat and that's our day.
Yet, somehow it's wonderful.
It's totally zen.
Lots of rainbows and cheeks and NOW- little smiles!
She just started playing with her smile muscles.
It's so exciting! She is such a little munchkin.
She also loves to stand tall on her legs. She'll lock her knees and stand upright if I hold her hands. She is definitely a powerhouse.
She also seems to know that her hands and arms belong to her now.
For a while, it was kind of like "attack of the arms"
but now she can hold on while she nurses
and she doesn't whack herself in the face nearly as much
(or pull her own hair by mistake).
I must say that our little life is eased by the fact that,
in essence, I have two wives.
Both Meshi and Shannon have been cooking
and caring so well for me and Uma.
Such a great thing to have a baby
and have (two) wives instead of a husband-
and I'm not even a lesbian! What a bargain!
Uma and I went to our dance class last week for the first time
outside of the uterus.
She danced with me throughout the nine months of her gestation
and we were anxious to get back to "sweat our prayers".
It was lovely.
Everyone was so excited to see Uma and to dance with her
on the outside.
For me, dancing with her was a duet that took all of my attention
and when others tried to join our dance,
it was a bit difficult to be attentive to any other.
As always, the metaphors that I find in dance
are really profound (for me) to apply outside of the dancefloor.
I was thinking how our little duet has been so lovely to dance
with so few distractions...
so much gratitude for this time
and the grace that has been carrying us.

No comments: